Stamford Stone Company Ltd , a well-established quarry operator and natural stone manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join the team at their production facilities near Peterborough.
Established in 1997, we are a family owned business, supplying natural stone building products to the construction industry. The company employs 48 people and operates across three locations in the Cambridgeshire / Lincolnshire area .
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, hard-working production manager to oversee the sawyers and stonemasony production.
About the role:
- Planning, coordination and control of the manufacturing process.
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes;
- Work with works manager to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers.
- Review worker performance and identify training needs
- Maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with a range of paperwork.
- Examining raw materials to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained.
- Coordinating between drafting, sales and production departments in relation to all production orders
- Liasing with Clients / Site on production lead times and schedules of works.
- Managing and evaluating staff and machine resources to ensure high productivity and minimal downtime,including managing the production schedule to meet agreed delivery dates
- Setting production goals and communicating them to key personnel
- Significant experience in manufacturing and production - ideally in the natural stone industry
- Significant experience in a management / supervisory capacity
- Experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies and principles
- Excellent knowledge of production management, tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations (IOSH Managing Safely Course provided if required)
- Strong personality with effective communication, organisational, influencing and people-management skills
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (7.30am to 4.30pm), however flexibility and additional hours will be required.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of holiday plus bank holidays, including company shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Statutory pension scheme available
- External training provided as required
Closing Date: 2nd May 2019
Please send applications via email to