The SkillBuild finals take place at the NEC, Birmingham, on 16-18 November.
SkillBuild is the largest construction skills competition in the UK. Regional heats have eliminated entrants and led to the selection of the competitors who will be in the final that is taking place 16-18 November at the NEC, Birmingham.
This event is organised every year by the CITB to gather all of the regional winners in various construction skills together to compete in the final. The skills covered include stonemasonry. Others are tiling, bricklaying, joinery, carpentry, cabinetmaking, plastering & dry lining, painting & decorating and roofing. This allows students to show off the skills they have learnt in the industry and be awarded for their commitment and effort in becoming an expert at what they do.
The Stonemasonry competitors this year are:
- Alexander Waddell - Weymouth College
- Callum Munro - Edinburgh College
- Emma Sheridan - Weymouth College
- Hamish Innes - Edinburgh College
- Joshua Underwood - Bath College
- Karen Gemmell - City of Glasgow College
- Ross Cowie - Forth Valley College of Further and Higher Education
- Theo Brogan - Building Crafts College
The Wall & Floor Tiling competitors are:
- Callum Pearson - Leeds College of Building
- Cathal Murphy - Southern Regional College
- Daniel McBurney - Southern Regional College
- Jack Hull - South and City College Birmingham
- James Ackland - Cardiff and Vale College
- Mark Scott - City of Glasgow College
- Maziyar Pazouki - Cardiff and Vale College
- Sean McLoughlin - Southern Regional College