The Stone-Safe memorial fixing system will be demonstrated at Weymouth College on 19 June.
Weymouth College is hosting an intensive one-day course on the Stone-Safe memorial installation system at its stonemasonry workshops in Poundbury on Monday 19 June (9am - 2.30pm) .
The charge for the day (£40) is payable on the day but you need to book in advance. For full details and bookings email [email protected] or call 01305 764707. If you have any other queries about the day, email Lee at [email protected] or call him on 07834 393964.
Stone-Safe Stability Systems Ltd have designed and developed this innovative memorial safety system that can resist an overturning force of more than 250kg (surpassing the 150kg requirement in BS8415).
During the day there will be opportunity to meet Anton Matthews (the designer) and Terry Elliot (assessor for the system).
- 9.00 - 9.30 Meet & Greet
- 9.30 - 10.30 Anton Matthews presentation on the Stone-Safe stability system
- (10.30 - 10.45 Morning break)
- 10.45 - 11.15 Professor Stuart Moy (Southampton Uni) presentation on the engineering of the system
- 11.15 - 13.00 System demonstration
- (13.00 - 13.30 Lunch break)
- 13.30 - 14.30 Dismantlement of system plus Q&A
Address of the venue for the demonstration:
Dorset Skills Centre
Weymouth College has also introduced a range of CPD courses for trades and professions:
- Aggregates and Lime - 2 days
- Anglo Saxon Stone Carving - 1 day
- AutoCAD and Templet Making - 1 day
- Hot Mixed Lime Mortars - 1 day
- Masonry Cleaning and Conservation - 1 day
- Pointing - 1 day
- Stone Repair - 1 day
- Work at Height and Rope Access - 1 day