Letter Carving in Stone Courses for 2011 Organised by The Memorial Arts Charity
Three and five-day workshops (non-residential) catering for all levels from beginner to advanced.
Letter Carving in Stone (courses include the drawing, design and layout of letters):
- Intermediate/beginner: Newburgh, Scotland (22-26 July)
- Beginners/Improvers: Birmingham (9-11 September)
- Any Ability: Cambridge (choice of 2 dates: 23-27 September or 30 September-4 October)
Letter Drawing & Design, Advanced and professional: Ditchling, East Sussex – Designing and Drawing Letters for Inscriptions (5-7 August)
Monnow Valley Arts Centre, nr Abergavenny, Herefordshire – An Introduction to Letter Carving in Slate and Stone – suitable for all! (27 August). A 1-day event comprising an illustrated talk plus demonstrations of letter carving and letterform design and layout by Ieuan Rees, with plenty of opportunity for discussion, questions and gathering tips. Aimed primarily at those who wish to know more about the art and craft of lettercarving, the workshop will also benefit those with experience in the field.
- 3-day workshops: £175 per place
- 5-day workshops: £295 per place
- 1-day event at Monnow Valley Arts Centre: £60 per place including light lunch.
For bookings / further information, please contact Clare Austyn at The Memorial Arts Charity, Snape Priory, Snape , Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 1SA Tel: 01728 688393