This website is from Natural Stone Specialist magazine, the only independent magazine dedicated exclusively to the stone industry in the UK and Ireland. Published 10 times a year, it includes news, comment and features about the natural and engineered stone industry in the UK. As well as the magazine, the team produces an emailed Natural Stone Bulletin, which has around 25,000 subscribers, mostly in the UK and Ireland but also from around the world, including America, Italy, Spain, China and India. And the team maintains this website.
Natural Stone Specialist is published by QMJ Group, which also publishes the Natural Stone Directory, the most comprehensive directory of companies in the stone sector in the UK and Ireland, including quarries and mines, stone wholesalers, stone processing companies, machinery, tools & equipment suppliers, and training and academic organisations associated with the industry.
QMJ Group also owns the Natural Stone Show held every other year at ExCeL in London. This is the stone industry's major showcase in the UK, where the stone industry from around the world shows its products to the UK and Ireland.
Natural Stone Specialist works closely with the stone industry's representative organisations - Stone Federation Great Britain, the National Association of Memorial Masons and the new Worktop Fabricators Federation. Stone Federation GB has two pages of its own in each issue of Natural Stone Specialist, as well as columns from its various focus groups. It also hosts the 'stone village' of its members at the heart of each Natural Stone Show. The National Association of Memorial Masons has its own exhibition and a reciprocal arrangement with the Natural Stone Show so both exhibit at each others' events.
The QMJ Group Ltd is a specialist publishing and exhibition company that serves the quarrying, recycling and natural stone industries.
Editor of Natural Stone Specialist
The QMJ Group portfolio includes:
- Quarry Management, the official journal of The Institute of Quarrying
- Natural Stone Specialist, serving the UK dimension stone industry
Two reference books
- Directory of Quarries & Quarry Equipment, the biennial compendium of sources of aggregate products, plant and equipment, and industry organisations
- Natural Stone Directory, the biennial compendium of UK dimension stone quarries, wholesalers, stonemasons and organisations
- Hillhead, the world's biggest working quarry exhibition and demonstration
- The Natural Stone Show, the UK event for the natural stone industry
- Hard Surfaces, co-located with the Natural Stone Show at ExCeL London