This website is from Natural Stone Specialist magazine, the only independent magazine dedicated exclusively to the stone industry in the UK and Ireland. With a provenance dating back to the 19th century, the magazine is now published six times a year, bringing the industry news, comment and features about the industry in the UK and worldwide.
As well as the magazine, these days the team produces an emailed Natural Stone Bulletin, which has around 25,000 subscribers, mostly in the UK and Ireland but also from around the world, including America, Italy, Spain, China and India. And the team maintains this website.
Natural Stone Specialist is published by QMJ Group, which also publishes the Natural Stone Directory, the most comprehensive directory of companies in the stone sector in the UK and Ireland, including quarries and mines, stone wholesalers, stone processing companies, machinery, tools & equipment suppliers, and training and academic organisations associated with the industry.
QMJ Group also owns the Natural Stone Show, co-locating with Hard Surfaces and held every other year at the ExCeL exhibition centre in London. These exhibitions are the stone industry's major showcase in the UK, where the stone industry from around the world shows its products to the UK and Ireland.
Natural Stone Specialist works closely with the stone industry's representative organisations – Stone Federation Great Britain, the National Association of Memorial Masons and the Worktop Fabricators Federation. Stone Federation GB has two pages of its own in each issue of Natural Stone Specialist, including columns from its various focus groups. The Federation also hosts the 'stone village' of its members at the heart of each Natural Stone Show. The National Association of Memorial Masons has its own exhibition and a reciprocal arrangement with the Natural Stone Show, so both exhibit at each others' events. The Worktop Fabricators Federation also has a feature at Hard Surfaces.
The QMJ Group Ltd is a specialist publishing and exhibition company that serves the quarrying, recycling and natural stone industries.
Editor of Natural Stone Specialist
The QMJ Group portfolio includes:
- Quarry Management, the official journal of The Institute of Quarrying
- Natural Stone Specialist, serving the UK dimension stone industry
Two reference books
- Directory of Quarries & Quarry Equipment, the biennial compendium of sources of aggregate products, plant and equipment, and industry organisations
- Natural Stone Directory, the biennial compendium of UK dimension stone quarries, wholesalers, stonemasons and organisations
- Hillhead, the world's biggest working quarry exhibition and demonstration
- The Natural Stone Show, the UK event for the natural stone industry
- Hard Surfaces, co-located with the Natural Stone Show at ExCeL London
- UK Concrete Show, the UK and Europe's market-leading concrete show
- www.stonespecialist.com News and opinions from the stone industry in the UK and Ireland
- www.agg-net.com Quarry News, Jobs, Materials Handling and; Recycling Equipment
- www.qmj.co.uk The corporate site of QMJ Group
- concreteconnect.co.uk leading source of news, from the concrete products and services sector's,